I first recognized my love for teaching from my part time job of teaching swimming lessons. Through my job I was quickly able to adapt my teaching style to different types of children, their abilities and their personalities. Some big things I have learned from my 7 years of teaching swimming lessons are that all children are different and need to be taught differently, a teacher's job is not only to teach a task or content but to make their students comfortable and safe and finally, that teachers must make learning fun for their students!
From blogging I hope to be able to reflect on my learning, experiences and beliefs. I think blogs are a great way for people to share ideas and be able to learn from one another. Blog writing is also a great exercise for teachers to reflect on themselves in order to grow and change as a teacher.
The picture I have included I thought was a unique way to sum up how I feel about teaching. I believe it is important for teachers to be knowledgable about content, current events and their students but this is a lot to keep track of! I know I still have a lot to learn but I continue to enjoy educating myself about children and their education. I hope to continue to use this blog to share my ideas and opinions with the world.
References:
Image retrieved from: https://www.pinterest.com/explore/inspirational-parenting-quotes/

No comments:
Post a Comment